Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another Owl Purse is done!

Here's my latest project, finally completed!  This is my 5th owl bag I've done.  All of them are different. 

The eyes on this little guy are bordered with ric-rac.  The aqua colored trim is just bias tape, but I used it like piping. 

The gold fabric is a velvet-like upholstery.  The paisley is a home decor canvas. 





The reverse side features a wide pocket also trimmed in aqua bias tape.  This pic shows how the strap is tapered towards the ends and has several rows of top-stitching.===>


<===The back pocket is divided in half with a central line of stitching. 

The interior is a cheery floral print that I just love!  I put a zippered pocket on one side.  You can also see that I put in a magnetic snap to close up the top.===>

<===The other side of the interior has the duplicate of the exterior divided pocket.  I trimmed this one with bias tape as well.

This is how it looks on me.  It's a good-sized bag with a comfortable strap.  What more could a girl ask for?===>

6 comments:

  1. A girl can't ask for anything more! And I love how you showed the divided pockets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might appreciate the size of those pockets! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your works are GREAT. The owl bag and the cosmo bag are perfect and practical. Love all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrie! Thanks for coming back and taking another look around. So appreciated! This owl purse is really my baby. Still wondering if I want to make a pdf for the pattern, or keep it all to myself....
    Best,
    Rikka J.
    Ricochet and Away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! My pregnant niece LUVS owls & I'd like to make her one of these to use for a diaper bag. Is there a pattern I could follow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use a pattern, sorry Janice. If you go to Pinterest.com and type owl purse in the search box, I bet you'll get a bunch of patterns and tutorials. I hope that's helpful.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...