Monday, August 1, 2011

Hoo Are You, Ricochet?


This is a getting to know you kind of linky party hosted by Night Owl Crafting. It's my first one and it's nearly 1AM so this should be interesting.  Don't mind the typos, pls!


1. What is your favorite craft or type of craft and if you are a crafter
how did you get into it?
I sew handbags because I like to sew but have absolutely no luck at sewing my own clothes.  I fell in love sewing purses since they are a one-size-fits-all type of pattern that uses small amounts of fabric.  I love the math of sewing combined with the organic qualities of fabric and leather.  It's just so cool!  I started out by posting some of my purses on my fb page and my friends went crazy over them.  So I started a fb business page, www.facebook.com/ricochethandbags and have nearly 250 fans.  I've sold a lot of purses since then, and learned a lot about business and sewing.  I started this blog, not to sell my purses, but share my bag-making knowledge and make some crafty friends.  I've been chatting with folks from all over the world and discovering crafters in my own backyard.  It's all very exciting and fun!
2. What shows have you been watching this summer?
My son recently asked me what shows I watch and was totally dumbfounded to learn I only watch one: TrueBlood on HBO.  Before that, it was Glee.  I'm more of a bookhound.
3. Who does the yard work at your house?
I do everything but the weed-eating/edging.  My DH made a comment about how powerful his new gas-powered weed-eater is, so I let him harness that power. 
4. Are you working on any projects inside the home or outside this week?
I have a tiny veggie garden that I can't stop tinkering with.  Pruning, watering, harvesting....  Plus, I'm making a mini-version of Amy Butler's Cosmo bag for a client. 
5. Do you have to worry about getting ready for back to school?
We've gone shopping for school clothes/shoes, but not supplies yet...better get that done soon. 


http://nightowlcrafting.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hoo really was fun, I am going to try and do some of the other ones on her blog too! Thank you for following my blog, I am now following you! I have a cuttle-bug that I use all the time. I find that it works well with the thinner fabrics, I tried a light weight denim and it didn't cut all the way so had to cut by hand. Maybe I just need a different die..

    I am looking forward to reading your blog!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...