Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Naughty Notion Challenge clutch is underway!


It's time for me to stop planning and actually get started with my Naughty Notions project.  The project is due at the end of the month, and here we are nearly halfway there!  I had a mini panic attack when I realized that and immediately went to work. 
 Here's what I've done so far:

First, I chose a taupe (grayish brown) piece of vinyl.  I got this and
much more vinyl for free at a local auto-upholstery shop.  I just walked
in and asked if they had any scraps of vinyl that they would normally
throw away.  I walked away with a huge bundle of scraps.
It seriously never hurts to ask, right?

Second, I went through all my notions and narrowed them down to
just those in the black-white-silver family of colors.  I most likely won't
use all of these, but I'm determined to include as many as I can.

Third, I got out my Mod Podge and decoupaged a wide black lace
to my vinyl.  I've never tried this before, so I'm not sure how it'll work.
Looking at it today, after it's dried and cured, it looks great.  I'm
cautiously optimistic.  Still, I think I'll stitch around the edges to make
it all extra secure.  If this turns out like I hope it will, I'll give it away
on my facebook page.  Fingers crossed!

It is definitely not too late to enter the Naughty Notions Challenge.  If you think you can make a small purse or clutch by the end of the month, then go for it!  Signing up is easy as filling out a brief questionnaire at the challenge homepage.  Please scroll down the challenge homepage and check out all our fabulous participants! We are up to 21, that's a new record!

this button will take you to the
challenge homepage.

Happy crafting and big hugs from Montana,

7 comments:

  1. I'm curious about how your clutch is going to look once it's done! (And eeek, I haven't even started mine yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good so far! Can't wait to see it finished:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that black lace. I have never been game to sew with vinyl. Half way through the month and I haven't started yet!!! I'd better get moving...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo...that looks interesting! Can't wait to see what the end product looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what the final result will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have thought to ask for leftovers at an auto shop!! Your clutch looks like it is going to be so cute! I can't wait to see it (and all the others) all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The suspense! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...