Monday, December 24, 2012

A Holiday Gift to my Readers:

My kids are 6 and 8 now.  They are very smart and creative and beautiful.  They are goofy and silly and funny.   They constantly remind me to be patient and kind and consistent.  I recorded this video when they were 3 and 5.  Danika had just begun talking like a big girl and I so enjoyed hearing her philosophical perspective on the world.  Riley was (and still is!) all boy.  He was (and still is!) a noisy little imp who loved to entertain a crowd with his goofy antics.  

I wanted to share this video with you because I believe it epitomizes life in our home.  We talk and listen.  We laugh and play.  We foster creativity and encourage fantastic storytelling.  We are often ridiculous and sometimes witty.  I can't give you all a physical Christmas gift this year, so I decided to give you something personal and share a slice of my life.

It's a long video, but I encourage you watch it all the way through because there are lots of funny and sweet moments throughout.  I dare you to watch it and not smile.  








I hope you enjoyed this!
Merry Christmas!
Happy Hanukkah!
Happy New Year!

Big Hugs from Montana,
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Reminds me of when my kids were little.

    My son's favorite knock, knock joke was:

    Knock, Knock!
    Who's there?
    Mickey Mouse's underwear!

    He got such a giggle telling it that you couldn't help but laugh, even if you had heard it a hundred times. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rikka, this is a beautiful video, thanks for sharing with us those beautiful moments of your life. Your children are adorable, made ​​me remember that time when my children were young, today they have 23, 21, 18 and the youngest is turning 13 in February, these beautiful stories with dinosaurs remained in my memory. Thanks for sharing this moment and wish you a wonderful 2013 with your family.
    Marisa-

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Love their little minds. I was watching this on my phone and my kids dropped what they were doing to come watch with me. They giggled a lot! Btw, our sons are quite similar or maybe that's just all little boys :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! No-reply commentors don't get to read my witty replies, and that's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...